The role of the Software Engineer will involve working throughout the full development lifecycle. This is an agile environment, with an expectation of working within a variety of technologies with a strong focus on Developing software and tools for DevOps & Automation.
- Ensures that code and documentation produced are of the highest quality, conforming to set or agreed-upon standards. Should advocate such consistency to all members of the team.
- Work closely with application teams and help them to resolve their issues related to CICD pipeline
- Provides realistic and accurate estimates and achieves on-time delivery.
- Participate in design and code review sessions and mentor other engineers on the team.
- Participate in epic level planning and create user stories.
- Escalates and communicates issues, risks, and concerns to leads or managers.
- Builds competencies in the product and technology domain to set expectations.
- Follows the Pearson processes, and agile practices and motivates his/her team members to do so.
- Makes optimum utilization of engineering tools and technologies to maintain a high productivity level in the team.
- Aligns self to organizational goals.
- Adheres to Pearson values and ethical practices.
- Maintains a sense of individuality in thinking and decision-making.
- Is a professional in work aspects as well as conduct with other individuals.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent skills in Python development including Object-Oriented Programming and Unit testing.
- Good technical knowledge and hands-on experience in Bash.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS Cloud services ie Ec2, ECS, ELB, Route53, VPC, Cloudfront and other services.
- Hand-on experience on Terraform
- Hands-on experience is developing and maintaining CICD pipelines, GitLab is preferred.
- Good understanding of Architectural and Design patterns for application and cloud infrastructure.
- Team-worker with strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact promptly and professionally with teams across different time zones.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Hands-on experience in Relation Databases like PostgreSQL is required.
- Having basic Linux knowledge.
- Experience in converting Business requirements into Epics & User stories.
- Understanding of Agile principles.
Education and Experience
- Individuals should possess a bachelors degree in computing or information technology.
- The individual should have 3-5 years of industry experience in Software Development, and support work
|INR 15-20 LPA